Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Maui, Hawaii

I recently came back from Maui and had such a wonderful time. This place is the polar opposite of New York City. It is quite nice being in touch with nature. I just started my new job and it was a great transition from quitting my old job, vacationing, and starting something new. I am also looking forward to moving in with my friend, but not best, Gabi! Lots and lots of new happeninings!

Let's recap on what happened in Maui and Maui alone because I don't mean to brag, but I have an awesome life full of great events! HEHEHEHHEH

 First day on the Island of Maui in Wailea. Yes, I am in a CLEAVland bikini top.
Big beach watching skim boarders do it big! I suppose he was a professional since there were dudes with video cameras and DSLRs.

Molokini Bay Snorkeling: I have got to say that there is a lot more coral reef than fishes. We did get to see a turtle that looked 200 years old though!
 One of the many many waterfalls! I think this was the Three Bears Waterfall. Papa bear, Mama bear, and baby bear.
 Red sand beach. Noel, my friend that I visited in Maui, told me that many locals believe this place is sacred and will gather to come here so that the Aliens may pick them up. He says that it is the red sand that resembles Mars that leads the hippies to believe this.
 Fireworks for the Fourth in Lahaina. If you look closely, there are some surfers in the water watching the Independence day spectacle.
 Hidden coastline we found. We had to drive in a dirt road wayyyy inside a local village to finally hit this spot. Very nice!
Black Sand Beach: I took a lava rock by accident. Supposedly, it is a curse to take the rock out of the island. According to legend, Goddess Pele treats her rocks as her children. She gets furious when they leave the island and in turn curses the individuals who took them. Good thing I found this out before I took this home!

 Powered Hand Gliding. Our instructor was Armin. He looked a lot like Anthony Bourdain. He was cool and took us up above the clouds to view the island of Maui and waterfalls. We earned 1/2 credit pilot's license in doing so because we were taught the dynamics of aviation and were able to steer the plane on our own.
 Inside a lava cave. Don't I look fierce?!
Seven Sacred Pools: all the locals were here for independence day barbequeing and jumping from cliffs into the water.

There are absolutely more pictures to see. I have to admit I am lazy and just bought a Macbook Pro and do not know where the rest of my photos went! Another thing that no one reads this blog, so until someone demands more awesome posts of Maui from me then I shall take my time and blog more!

1 comment:

  1. I will also have left my old job when I return from Maui. I'm looking forward to my transition into school full time again. :) Great pictures, looks like you had a blast! I'm hoping the same for myself!

    http://erikaalc.com

    ReplyDelete